iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Few issues re. bookings and printing and suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bardude76

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Few issues re. bookings and printing and suggestions Reply with quote

Just having a few issues with your software regarding large bookings and printing. Firstly I've had a few issues with bookings over the size of 20pax. It seems occasionally after the booking has been entered I have been told that bookings over the size of 20 lose the booking name and telephone number. This may be an issue with the customer database. This has happened on more than one occasion. Secondly, when printing out the bookings they are spread over two pages when the program is maximised. The only way to make it fit is to adjust the size of the program manually so the printing will fit on to one page. I have tried using the page setup under file but the changes don't save and don't seem to have any effect on the print size. Hence my third issue. I am currently using the latest version of the restaurant software.

Now for a few suggestions. Firstly, the ability to resize column's on the view reservation page. Secondly, to have the selectable column's for the same page and to be able to order them as to where they come. For example, being able to select the telephone number to appear on the page as well as special requsts and booking date. Removing the status and tables booked. Thirdly, being able to edit the meal plans available under the make booking tab. Four, an option to specify when the booking was taken and not just confirmed. Five, when entering a new booking it comes up with the number of the last booking you had open but unless you actually enter or re-enter the number, as the case may be, it reverts to a booking of two. Six, a better way to view or to have the visual layout available in a seperate window so you can visually see what tables are available without having to make a booking. Seven, be able to see how many booking are in each time interval, for example, every 30 min's or 1 hour. Eight, a way to talley up actual bookings and seperate walk-in's as well as the total for the night. And finally nine, be able to remove the breakfast service section or add extra seating times. E.g. I am looking for 3 seating times on one day. 11:30am - 2:30pm - Lunch 3:00pm - 5:30pm - BBQ 6:00pm - 10:00pm - Dinner.

Thanks in advance.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I've added those to our update list so we'll get those added in for you.

In reference to the booking name and telephone number being "lost" for 20 or more covers. Do you mean that the number of covers is set to 20? Also by booking name are you referencing the "first name" field? If so, how many characters are you entering? Would it be for many guests? As there is a limit on the size of that field.

Regards, Jon
Bardude76

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

The number of covers remains what it was set at when then booking was taken. Weither it is 25 and 40 doesn't seem to matter. All the information in the customer information field disappears. The booking time and number of pax stays but all the other information, ie First Name, Telephone Number etc, disappear leaving a booking with the time and number of covers but no customer details. The customer names are not of a large size, usually around 10 charactors.

Stephen
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

Can you send me your database file so I can take a look? If you select Help/Send Database File to iMagic it should send it over. Otherwise if you could ZIP and email it to me.

Also can you tell me of a reservation where the customer is blank on that database.

I'll then be able to check through it and see what is happening.

Regards, Jon
Bardude76

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Still Having problems Reply with quote

I've been using your software for a while now and my bookings co-ordinator is still having the occasional problem with the missing customer information in bookings. The instances that the bookings have lost their customer information is usually when she enters the information then puts in the booking details. After completing the booking when she looks on the actual list of bookings the amount of people is there but the name and phone number isn't. I have set up the program to not be able to complete the booking without entering the customer phone number or who took the booking yet I have been told there have been times when there are mystery bookings with none of those details in there. I have sent off a copy of my database a week ago now and haven't had any response. I don't believe there are any problems in it as the information has been re-entered once the problem has been identified, but a confirmation that the database has been received and is being looked into would be nice. And if no problems found a reply stating as much. I have instructed my bookings co-ordinator to notify me of any further issues and if the problem happens again to leave the booking as is and have the database sent off to you before continuing with using the program.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

No the database hasn't come through. Did you email it or send it via the Help option?

Regards, Jon
Bardude76

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I did send it through the help option but looks like it didn't actualy get though to you. Kind of sorted out that problem. It appears that the booking is actually still in the database but with no details in it. I can find it again if I search via the find customer option. My only problem at the moment is that because I can't print out the page of all the bookings how I want them it seems that my bookings co-ordinator has stopped using the software and gone back to writing everything down in the book. Because of that I can't give you any further information to hopefully help you improve your product. I will attempt to resend you the information so that you may look at it and see if you can make anything out of it. I would like to use your product to the full potential I can see it having but at the moment I am restricted to trying to have the booking details come out on one page with the specific details that I want (don't think page setup is working properly either).
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks I believe the database has come through, I'll go through it shortly.

On the topic of printing reservations, in what format do you want to print them? If you could email me an example, perhaps we could add that in?

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: