iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lossing booking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teabag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: lossing booking Reply with quote

dear,

i received my reservation software a week ago,
but i 'm lossing my booking after 1 hour or a day after
what i have to do

best regard

teabag Mad
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Teabag,

Which version of iMagic Restaurant are you using?

In what way are you "losing reservations"? Are you not able to see them on the View Reservations screen?

Regards, Jon
teabag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear John,

I am using the iMagic Restaurant Reservation V2.18. The software is unable to save any reservations that is made once i have shutdown my computer (ie. if i make a reservation for my guest in a future date the system is unable to kep this reservation that i have made)

TeaBag
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear TeaBag,

There are a few things to do. First I'd suggest downloading the latest version, select Help/Check Web for Updates. At the time of writing it is v4.9.

Also when making a reservation make sure you press the Complete Reservation button to finish and save the booking.

When you've finished for the day make sure you properly exist iMagic Restaurant (select File/Exit). Then power down Windows correctly from Start/Shutdown. If you don't do this then the Disk Cache might not be written to disk.

I'd suggest that you also check that you have the latest Microsoft MDAC and Jet Drivers installed. As older versions do have issues. You can download these from the Windows Update website.

Regards, Jon
teabag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jon,

In help i have :contents
tip of the day
index
search
online support
send feedback
about
how can i check web for update?
and to have the version V4.9

best regard

teabag
teabag

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear jon

I had download the new version V 4.9
But still doesn't work .

what can i do ??????? Evil or Very Mad
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Teagbag,

Check that you have the latest Microsoft MDAC and Jet Drivers installed. As older versions do have issues. You can download these from the Windows Update website.

If you're still having problems I'd suggest relocating the database file since this is where all the reservations are stored. Windows Vista can have problems with certain folders due to permission issues. If you move it to the My Documents folder then use the Network Administration program to tell iMagic Restaurant the new location of the database file.

Regards, Jon
teabag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jon,

I have already installed all the necessary applications that you have told me to. Unfortunatelyeverytime i click on the imagic restaurant reservation icon. A notification that writes "Unable to open database file - expecting version 9, but found version 6".

I am using the latest version of Windows Vista Basic on my dell computer. Is this software perhaps the problem? Or maybe the windows that i am using is not able to support imagic software?
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Teabag,

You'll receive this error if you are not using v4.9, I'd suggest installing the update.

Yes Vista can cause problems with the permissions on the database, I would suggest relocating it to another folder as I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Regards, Jon
teabag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jon,

We have downloaded the latest V4.9 and all the other applications that you have recomended. It still doesn't work! The software is unable to keep any reservations once i had shutdown my computer.

Please stop asking us to download the latest version because we had just purchased your software and it should be the latest version as well as downloaded the update. Why didn't you just send us the latest version when we had purchased the software? This would eliminate the problem that we are currently having!!! FRUSTRATING software!

Regards
Teabag
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Teabag,

If you are receiving the message "Unable to open database file - expecting version 9, but found version 6" then no you are not using the latest version. In which case you need to download and install it. It was only recently released which is why you may not have it on CD. It's a free update.

I would speculate that you are using something like Norton which is "protecting the install" as such each time you restart your PC the old database and perhaps old version of iMagic Restaurant is being "restored". If you disable this "protection" you will not have this problem.

As mentioned before if you relocate your database file into your My Documents folder then whatever protection you have installed will not restore the old database. This would seem to be a simple fix, here are step by step instructions:
1) Find the current location of the database by launching iMagic Restaurant and selecting Help/About and clicking Database.
2) Exit iMagic Restaurant so you can move the database file.
3) Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the database folder.
4) Move the database file (called db.mdb) from the existing folder to your My Documents folder.
5) Tell iMagic Restaurant the new location of the database file by selecting Start/Program Files/iMagic Restaurant Reservation and then Database Administration.
6) Follow the wizard and enter in the new folder to the database (My Documents).
7) Relaunch iMagic Restaurant and ensure that the new database folder is being used, select Help/About and click Database.

I'd suggest restarting your PC after this to ensure that the settings "stay". In that your protection program might put it back.

Unfortunately there isn't much we can do about programs like Norton (etc) that are installed. Disabling such software before installing usually works, also relocating the database as mentioned above will probably solve the issue.

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: