iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improving printer speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcross312

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:23 am    Post subject: Improving printer speed Reply with quote

Looking for advice/suggestions for improving printer speed. We have a fast paced seasonal business and it seems like we're always waiting for the printer to "hurry up" Anybody got any good ideas? We are currently using just a basic printer to print 8.5 x 11 receipts.

Thanks,
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the post.

Which make/model printer are you currently using? What is your budget?

Have you renewed your updates/support to iMagic Inventory? The last renewal I can see expired in 2015.

Regards, John
jcross312

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,

sorry it's been a couple months since I've returned to this issue. I'm using a Canon TS3122 printer. Pretty inexpensive printer. I'm considering getting a new computer also. I've had this one for several years, and would like to improve the speed of my overall system and also have a second computer just for internet purpose. I may resign the old computer for that, and get a new one and update as well as transfer my Imagic database to the new one. I've been backing up daily, so I'm hoping the process would be relatively painless. Weighing my options.

I wouldn't mind spending close to a grand on a new computer system. Less would be better, more might be ok, but I'm not sure where the "sweet spot" is for return on investment. Or which operating system would be best for the software and my needs.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks, Jason
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply.

It really depends on the printer speed. So this is usually measured in Pages Per Minute, PPM. You'll find the number listed on the specification for each printer. Obviously the more you pay the higher that number will be. It really comes down to your budget.

You need to renew your support license, I'll send you a private message with a renewal link.

Regards, John
jcross312

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John,

I finally got a new computer and have been on it about 15 minutes and am happy with it so far. I do want to transfer imagic to the new computer. I'm a little confused tho. I wouldn't mind updating the program, but I've been pretty happy with whatever version I've been running, and just spent $1000 on this computer. Can I just put my old version on here, and if so, how? (and if not, what do I need to do?)

Also, I've been reading the directions in the sticky for transferring to new computer and am still lost.

Thanks for the help

Jason
jcross312

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I misread the previous post. Were you saying I need to renew my support license? I guess I misread that. Ok, whatever I need to do,

Thanks,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: