iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: External drive Reply with quote

Hi John,

When I install the iMagic, the database is setup in c:/my documents/iMagic Invenotry/Database. Can I relocate the database and save on an external hard drive ?

Regards/Steve
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the question on setting up your database on the network.

You can certainly relocate the database. You could put the database on a PC on the network, share it and then have other PCs connect to it. The steps to do this would be the same as the multiple users:
http://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/InventoryFAQ#multipleusers

Not all attached external drives support multiple user access. So I would suggest storing the database on an internal hard drive on a PC. In that way, you can be sure that multiple users can access it at the same time.

To be clear, some more expensive external drives do support multiple user access. You would have to check on the specifics of that drive if that is what you are wanting to do.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: