iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scanning Barcodes when adding items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Scanning Barcodes when adding items Reply with quote

Greetings,

I hope all is well for you, I noticed that when creating an item, when we used a barcode scanner and it has scanned the item it will close the window, is there any way to disable this?, I Have tried the forums and FAQ┬┤ but could not find anything.

Do you have a solution?

Thank you

Carl
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the post and question on entering new items.

I'd guess here that the barcode scanner has been set to send a 'carriage return' after the scanning of the item. This is then causing the 'ok' button to be clicked, which closes the window. The easy solution would be to toggle that option off with the barcode scanner (you may want it on when adding items to an invoice). The other option is that we could put in a feature to 'override' the automatic carriage return when entering a new item. In that case, let me know and I can put it through in our update list.

Regards, John
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply

I found how to it, but if you could put an update where we can specify which field we want the scanner to go after the scan, like when you push the tab key. Another feature that could be awesome is in the quantity each time you scan it had a unit. Example, in the quantity, you can scan your barcode goes from 0 to 1, then scan again it goes from 1 to 2.

That would be great and save time.

Carl
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply.

I've added the option to remove the 'auto enter' option on the barcode scan to our update list. If you're needing this feature added soon we can add it as a 'custom update'. Let me know if you'd like me to go ahead with that.

In regard to updating the quantity, this happens on the invoice screen. So if you scan an item multiple times it will update the quantity (ie adding 1) for each scan. But perhaps you are wanting this to happen elsewhere?

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: