iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

multiple databases

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: multiple databases Reply with quote

Good Afternoon,

I was wondering if it is possible to set up iMagic Inventory to use two different databases at once. In other words, use one shortcut for the live database and use another shortcut for a test database. I have a feeling this is not possible as it appears the Database Administration module only allows itself to point to one database at a time, but I just thought I'd check.

Thanks.

Josh
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the question on using multiple inventory/invoice databases with iMagic Inventory.

Yes, you can do this. What you'd want to do is create a duplicate of the Database File and put it into its own folder. Then create two shortcuts on your desktop to iMagic Inventory. Edit each shortcut and add the folder where the database is at the end of the shortcut.

Then when you launch the shortcut it will then use the database specified in the shortcut (overriding the Database Administration settings).

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: