iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

User Access for Receiving Inventory

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: User Access for Receiving Inventory Reply with quote

Good morning!

As you may know we have been having some issues with the fresh install of iMagic that we did when we got a new Termserver. I am trying to configure User Access for our individual users with the following permissions they are able to do everything (add invoices and transfer stock) but receive off the reorders:
" Add Inventory
" Invoice: Reassign Customer
" Edit Inventory (read only)
" Edit Inventory
" Add Invoice
" Edit Invoice
" Reduce Inventory
" Receive Inventory
" Add Stock Count
" Edit Stock Count

What other permission(s) do they need in order to receive inventory off of a reorder? I am going to keep trying to figure this out but I thought you might be able to help me.

Thanks!

Briana
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Briana,

Thanks for the question on managing User Access while managing inventory.

You can optionally setup Users that have to login to the system, in turn the Administrator can give each user 'Access Rights' that allow them to use certain features but not others. This can be setup via 'Configure > User Access'.

There are essentially two methods for receiving inventory. You have the manual and automated methods.

For the manual method, you'd select the 'Inventory > Receive Stock' option and select the Item and quantity to receive. This requires the 'Receive Inventory' User Access Right.

The automated method, allows iMagic Inventory to create Reorders when the stock level reaches a certain level and then tracks the reorder for you. Once the order has physically arrived (or partially arrived) you can mark which items have been received. This can be performed by selecting 'Vendors > Receive Your Reorders' requires the 'Manage Vendors' User Access Right.

The logic here is that this is part of the Vendor Reordering, so the User should have access to each of the sections within the Vendor Management in order to manage/receive reorders.

Regards, John
WillBar

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, does the automated method work without issues? Seems like it would be perfect for my needs if so.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no outstanding issues with the automated Vendor Reordering system. As far as I am aware it is all working as expected.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: