iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are these features that would make this application easier for you?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

CRVTP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Suggestions 2018 Reply with quote

1. Is it possible to improve the interface so that a user does not have to move off keyboard to move to the next page. As I currently experience, once you have entered the first page information (Step 1 - Dates) to move to the (Step 2 - Select Rooms) you need to move the mouse to the "Next" button. Modern windows technology uses shortcuts such as Alt+N to move to Next, or ALT+B to move Back.

2. Is it possible to change the status of a new booking to reflect its updated status without having to exit and go back into the booking?

I hope to hear back from you soon.
[/b]
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrick(?),

Thanks for the questions/suggestions on managing hotel bookings.

1. During a booking pressing Alt + N moves to the next step and Alt + A moves to the previous step. I've just tried this on v6.8 and it appears to be working as I'd expect.

2. At present we don't have an option to change the Booking Status during a booking. You can set the 'default' that will be applied to new bookings under Configure > Advanced > Booking Status. You can change the guest's Booking Status in the 'Reservation Summary' (double-click on a reservation from the Simple Calendar).

I know we recently added the ability to modify the Booking Status during a booking to the Cloud Edition though. So it should be possible to also include on the Desktop Edition. I will add it to our update list for you.

Regards, John
CRVTP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, shortcut is very useful.
Are there other shortcuts available?
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're most welcome.

Some menu items have shortcuts, you can see those listed when you drop down the menus. So for instance, Ctrl + M to find a Hotel Customer/Guest.

Many individual 'buttons' also have shortcuts but by default Windows 10 hides them. When shown they are indicated by an underscore _, so for example, if you had the underscore under the letter N on a button then it can be activated by pressing Alt + N.

If you want the shortcuts to show then you would have to change that setting in Windows. To do so:
1) Open Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the keyboard easier to use.
2) Check the option 'Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys'. Click OK to save.
3) You'll need to restart iMagic Hotel Reservation, button shortcuts should then show.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: