iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom report change on newer version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Custom report change on newer version Reply with quote

John,

We've made the purchase and are testing the database now before rolling out live. I was presented with the following question below. Can you tell me, generally speaking, if any of the table mappings, field mappings, etc.
changed all that much from v 3.16 to v 5.24? If you need more specific info, let me know.

Josh,
I made an Access database that links in to the iMagic data tables so that we could get some custom, marketing-relevant inventory reports. I hear there's an iMagic upgrade in the works and was wondering if we could test those links to make sure nothing breaks after go-live. The DB is here:
"N:\iMagic\Marketing Reporting\iMagic Mktg Reporting Module.accdb"
I'm most concerned about the table links, table names, and field names that I've used not changing. Or, if they must change, being ready to update my queries etc beforehand.

Thanks.

Josh
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, there have been many changes to the database since v3.16 and v5.24. You can see an overview of the changes on the update page, anytime a mention of 'Database Update' and database version is mentioned that indicates a change to the database:
http://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/ListUpdates

Having said that we try to not break older reports, we have several here that we use to test against. Generally, this works well, but sometimes fundamental changes have been needed, in those cases, it's quite possible the reports will have to be tweaked. My suggestion would be to run the reports on the older database and keep the results, install the latest update (which would update the database) then immediately run the same reports. If all is well - the reports should be the same - if not, note the changes and those reports will have to be updated.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: