iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Barcodes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Barcodes Reply with quote

Hi, John!

My name is Shamekia and I've been corresponding with you on behalf of Zoltan Laszlovszky. This is my personal account so going forward you'll most likely be getting questions from this account.

I hope this isn't too confusing, but I have another barcode question for you. How do I create multiple barcodes for the same item? For example, I have a customer who would like 500 copies of the same barcode to go on their product. Maybe I'm making the process more difficult, but I found that the only way to print out more than one of the same barcodes is to use the same identification number in the barcode space for the item I created in 10 (The main printing option) consecutive items in inventory. In other words I am taking 10 different items that are consecutive and giving them all the same barcode number.

For example, when I enter the customer's product into inventory (ex: Item#810) and create a barcode for it, the only way I've been able to print the same barcode number multiple times for that same part is to edit Items 800-809 and use the same barcode number for those as well. This allows me to select 'First 10 Items' from the menu box. From there I can scale it as needed and print.

Is there a much simpler way to print multiples of the same barcode?

Thank you,

--
Shamekia
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shamekia,

Thanks for the post.

For your example, I think you would want Reports > Create Barcodes. Then set 'Items to Print' to 'Individual Items' and 'Number of each to print' to 500. Click 'Print', iMagic Inventory will then prompt you for the item. It should then create the barcode for the item and print the quantity entered.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: