iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend rates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Weekend rates Reply with quote

Hello John,

Greetings from Crystal in Ruidoso, New Mexico again! I hope you don't mind me picking your brain for a moment. How can I get the Imagic to automatically configure the rates for weekdays and weekend. We have been doing it manually and it would be so much easier for the computer to do it for me. Monday thru Thursday is considered our week days and Friday thru Sunday are considered the weekend. For example: our King Suites are $119.00 weekday price and $129.00 is the weekend price. Where and what do I type. Thank you in advance for assistance!!

Sincerely,

Crystal

Last edited by imagicsupport on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the post.

Not a problem at all, good to hear from you. Smile

Yes, you can have iMagic Hotel work out the weekend booking rates for you. There are a few ways of doing this, but the simplest would be to use the 'Seasonal Pricing' and set a 'weekend rate'. So to do that:

1) First, tell iMagic Hotel what you consider the 'weekend' to be. Select Configure > Settings and change the 'Weekend is' setting. So in your case, as you've mentioned it's fri/sat/sun, but other people might have different Weekend settings for a hotel.

2) You'd want to enable Seasonal Pricing (by default iMagic Hotel starts with 'Basic Pricing'). This will allow you to enter in weekend rates. To do that select Configure > Advanced > Room Pricing Options. I'd leave 'Enable Room Basic Pricing' checked, but the important one to check is 'Enable Room Seasonal Pricing'. Leave the others unchecked as they are used for other pricing methods. Click OK to save.

3) It sounds like you only have a single 'season', that's fine. We need to tell iMagic Hotel that though. So select Configure > Advanced > High Low Season. There are probably a few seasons shown, just click Delete against them so you're left with one. Set the 'Start Date' to 1st Jan and the 'End Date' to 31st Dec. That will give you a single season that covers the entire year. Click OK to Save.

4) So now we need to just set the rates. Edit a room you'd like to set the weekend rates on, so Configure > Rooms and edit. You'll see a 'Season Pricing' button is now visible, click that, the 'Weekday and Weekend' rate window will open. Type in your 'Weekday Rate' and your 'Weekend Rate'. You can either enter the inclusive tax amount or pre-tax amount, iMagic Hotel will automatically work out the other one based on your tax rate. Click OK to save.

So now when you make a hotel booking and it covers the weekday it will pull the weekday rate and likewise for the weekend.

That should work, but if you have any issues let me know and I'll go through them. Smile

Regards, John
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received your email. I am not in my office to check this out this evening but am very anxious to fix this tomorrow. Thank you for your prompt response! Have a Happy Easter!!

Crystal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: