iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Automatically add item to invoice with barcode scanner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:33 am    Post subject: Automatically add item to invoice with barcode scanner? Reply with quote

I have been using your iMagic Inventory Software since 2012 if I'm not mistaken. I like your software very much.

This week I purchased a Barcode scanner, and started to input a barcode on each item. After I added some barcodes I tested it by making a sample invoice.

But.. I noticed that when I scan a barcode it doesn't show in the invoice, I always have to 1. click on add order item 2. then click on the barcode field 3. scan the barcode with a barcode scanner 4. and add item to invoice / add another (manually).

I wondered if it's possible to just scan any barcode and it will automatically add itself in the invoice. But I couldn't find the solution, If I have to always do the procedure I listed, it's not quite reliable to use a barcode scanner!

Juren
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Juren,

Thanks for the post.

You'd want to use the 'add from barcode' option. So on the New Invoice, click on the 'Barcode' field, scan the item and click 'Add From Barcode'. If you setup your barcode scanner to send a 'carriage return' after the scan it will automatically trigger the 'Add From Barcode' so you don't need to click it. It will then scan, beep and the item added to the invoice while being automatically deducted from stock.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: