iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Receiving stock and AUC calculations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Receiving stock and AUC calculations Reply with quote

Hello John,

Thank you for clarifying the Reorder process. I think the issue is that there is a reorder date, but no place to enter a received date when the items reordered have arrived if you enter it from the Vendors > Your Reorders > Reorder Details Screen. It allows us to update stock on that screen, so we were using it to enter stock we received.

We have found another area where we are not getting the results we expected. The Allow Manual Purchase Orders box was not checked. We entered all of our received inventory via Inventory > Receive Stock and were puzzled as to why we could not enter a date or a purchase price. As soon as I ticked the box for Allow Manual Purchase Orders, I could enter the purchase price and the date. Unfortunately, all of the stock was entered without putting the purchase price on this form. The Purchase price was entered into the Inventory screen for each item.

1. When I ran a Received Stock Report, the items we entered were not listed, but the inventory stock count did update. The problem is that I need to print an order. Do I have to delete all the items entered and start over? Can I export the inventory to an excel file and fix it from there?

When the Allow Manual Purchase Orders and Manual Receive Stock boxes were checked, a reorder form was generated. The issues here are:

1. The vendor was not listed on the reorder form, even though I chose a vendor on the Receive Stock Form as well as having a Preferred Vendor chosen in the Inventory From. I had to go to the Reorder screen, edit the item and choose a vendor.

2. The AUC was not updated.
One other question -- is the AUC value of an item used for the Purchase Price in the report, Invoice Cost and Profit?

Thanks again for all your help. We are excited about using this for more than one of our programs.

Kim
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the post.

Let me see what I clear up here...

If you have a pricing system enabled for an item, so for example AUC the date the item was received will be automatically reordered when you click the 'Update Stock Level' button on the vendor receive reorder screen (Vendors/Receive Reorders). You can see the date history and what was received by clicking on the 'Received History' button.

When you are using a pricing system you have the recorded history pricing which can calculate a total and also the currently set pricing for the item. The reason there are two is that you may not want to follow the calculation that is made for an AUC. Reports such as the Invoice Cost and Profit use the currently set value in the system and not the AUC. If you want those reports to show the AUC price then you would need to confirm that is what you want the item to use.

There are three different methods for receiving stock, manual, semi-automatic and automatic.

Manual - you can bypass all of the reordering and stock checking values and edit the stock directly by editing the item.

Semi-automatic - can be seen from Inventory/Receive Stock. This allows you to receive stock in an ad-hoc basis. You can enter what was received using whatever ordering system you are wanting.

Automatic - is under the Vendor menu, this is where you'd set the stock level to reorder, scan the stock when you want to reorder and create reorders. You'd then select Vendors/Receive Stock and it will recall the order and allow you to record what items have been received.

I think you are mixing the semi-automatic stock reordering method with the automatic stock reordering method. While you can do that it's not the idea, you'd want to use one or the other. It sounds like you want automatic so you should be using Vendors/Receive Stock.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: