iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compatibility of word automation with Office 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ufspeter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Compatibility of word automation with Office 2013 Reply with quote

I recently replaced Office 2010 with Office 2013 and word automation for custom invoices no longer works. I receive the following error message when trying to print the invoice:
"Unable to launch Microsoft Word.
Automation error
A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. -2147467229"
Is iMagic Inventory not compatible with Office 2013?
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Peter(?),

Thanks for the post.

Yes iMagic Inventory works with Office 2013. From the error message it sounds like an installation issue with Word. I'd suggest reinstalling and/or performing a repair.

Regards, Jon
ufspeter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

I have uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft Office multiple times but the problem only went away when I followed the instructions given at:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/56edf118-891f-4ef1-b8ee-550a15bd1277/error-when-using-office-automation?forum=officeitproprevious#60965d20-072e-4680-964b-014a0b17dcd4

Hope this helps anyone facing the same problem when upgrading from Office 2010 to Office 2013.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter. I wasn't aware of this issue with the Office 2013 installer.

Note to anyone else reading this thread. If you're experiencing the error "Unable to launch Microsoft Word. Automation error. A Microsoft Software Installer error was encountered. -2147467229" when printing to the Custom Invoice for Word then it may be an installation issue. The suggestion from the Microsoft TechNet website from Jürgen Weber is:

Quote:
I had excactly the same problem after replacing a previously installed Office x64 by the x86 version. It seems to be a problem of the Office 2010 x64 uninstaller, which does not remove the x64 COM registration properly. In my case, removing the registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{00024500-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}

did solve the problem for Excel. There are similar keys for the other Office programs (which can be identified by the sub key 'ProgId'), but I did not tried them out.

Please try first to rename the key, which has the same effect as deleting it - but this enables you to restore easily the previous state.

Jürgen Weber

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: