iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Items to a Invoice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fitzjohn1001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:17 am    Post subject: Adding Items to a Invoice Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

I have add 300+ items from a new vendor to my current inventory.
When adding items to a new invoice from this vendor you are unable to add multiple items of the same by pressing the 'Add Another' button,
ie; if you have 5 in the 'Quantity to add' box and you press the 'Add another' button twice it posts 2 lines of 5 and does not add to the same line making 10 in total.
On my other vendors if the same was actioned it would post 10 on one line.
Hope you understand the issue.

I have checked my inventory input and it look all ok.

Thanks.

Steve.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the post.

What should have is when you click the 'Add Order Item' on a new invoice you can search and select the items to add to the invoice. Clicking the 'Add Another' keeps the search window open so you can continue to add items.

If the item is the same and supplied by multiple vendors it shouldn't matter, since the item itself is the same they will appear on the same 'invoice line'. What will cause an additional invoice line to be created is when the item is in a different location. In that case a new invoice line will be created so you can see where the item will be picked from.

Without seeing your database I'd guess this is what is happening, if not drop me an email and I'll go through it. I think you already have my email but if not you can find it here:
http://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/InventorySupport.php

Regards, Jon
fitzjohn1001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:33 am    Post subject: Adding Items to a Invoice Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

I think I may have found the problem.

If the customer has a discount % against the list price each item is posted on the new line, customer without any discount items are posted to the same line.

All items posted are from the same vendor and warehouse.

Steve.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update.

Yes that would make sense, anything that makes the ordered item unique will cause a new 'invoice line' to be created. So in your example if you're applying a discount to some items and not others then it will need to create a new invoice line for the difference to be shown.

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: