iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Input not registering since December 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
support@palmerts.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Input not registering since December 2012 Reply with quote

One of our clients is utilizing the iMagic Restaurant Reservation software. Their MDB file currently is not registering new input since Dec. 2012. I have submitted their Database to iMagic support and followed up with a couple of emails. I have not seen any updates since last week and wanted to reach out on these forums to see if anyone is having similar issue.

When inputting the reservation, the machine takes the input, confirms it, shows in the GUI after inputting it, but when the program is closed, does not save to the database. This is happening on multiple machines at multiple locations.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

In which folder is the Database File set for each PC?

Regards, Jon
support@palmerts.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The database file is contained on a centralized Terminal Server. The location is C:\Program Files\iMagic Restaurant Reservation\db.mdb

Each user who would like to update the database, will login with their own credentials, access the software and make the adjustment or entry.

Once that is done, they close the file and believe they have saved their reservation.

I have verified that each user has permissions for Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read & Write for the folder and its' contents.

They are using Server 2008 nonR2 32-bit
support@palmerts.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have logged into each of the client computers and made 3 entries for the dates of 3/27, 3/28 and 3/29. Each one client PC was assigned a number.

ie. TestPC1 for fname, lname, TestPC2 etc.

I can see the entries after I hit save on each of the client computers individually. But if I try to view those dates, in theory, I would have 3 entries per date, I do not. I only have the entry per client computer.

I opened the DB file with MS Access and the information is not in there.... Only 1 of my 3 client PC's tested has the info still in the DB file.

Why are two of my client PC's not writing to the DB file and not parsing the actual entry that is listed in the DB file?

A quick response would be greatly appreciated.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try moving the database folder out of Program Files as Windows is most likely versionising it. The easiest to mange would be a new folder in the root. So move the folder from:

C:\Program Files\iMagic Restaurant Reservation\

to:

C:\iMagic Restaurant Database

That will most likely solve the issue.

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: