iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assigning reservation to table not suitable

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Austriahof

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Assigning reservation to table not suitable Reply with quote

1. Is it normal that the system will allow me to assign a 5 top to a table that only seats 4? A warning would be very useful.
2. We want to be able to print the reservations report. Is there a way to make it look more logical and readable?
3. Can the booking times be controlled? We only take reservations down to the 15 minute periods.
4. Does the system make the logical choices regarding which table to assign a booking, thereby minimize leaving gaps on tables when possible. Is there a graphical or any way to see the table assignments for the period?
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, to answer your questions:

1) It depends which configuration options are chosen. If you want to limit the tables by the guest count then select Configure/General Settings. Try the "Don't allow over booking" and also "Only show tables with an exact seat count" may be useful.

2) You can export the reservations and we also recently updated the File/Print when viewing the "View Reservations" screen into a nice table layout. Select Help/Check Web for Updates to download that version.

3) Are you still wanting to be able to type in the time? Or do you want to select it from a list?

4) You can use a graphical layout with the "Visual Layout" under the Configure menu. This allows you to draw a map of the restaurant and visually select the tables to book. There is no optimization as such, although the system will suggest alternative times if the restaurant is full.

Regards, Jon
Austriahof

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Follow Up to configuration Reply with quote

Jon, Thanks for the help. I read your post and have some follow up questions.

Regarding #1 I do have "don't allow over bookings' checked. I have also checked "only show exact tables" on your suggestion. When now testing: There is now a warning but it says "You have selected 6 settings, however only 12 settings are on the booking. Please deselect some table to continue." Don't you mean "please add some tables to continue?" Am I missing something? And when I do add some tables the warning goes away even though I did not add enough to handle the reservation count. I have verified my table counts and setup as well. It does also not stop you from under utilizing a table but the issue of under assigning is still there. What it needs is a "don't allow under booking"
#2. I am using 4.31, the latest I believe? I will try the export feature as well.
#3 The time issue. It would be really nice if we could define opening and closing times as well as have system prompt in 15 minute intervals or whatever we set up. As it is now the system defaults to current time which make it cumbersome since we are only a dinner house. It would be easier if in the time area you had buttons with all the possible reservation times. Similar to Open Table, have you seen it? Nobody takes a reservation at odd times like 8:23.
#4 I did set up the graphical table map but found that I lose the "search alternative times" feature.
Other than the above issues a feature that would be most valuable would be a chart like screen where you could move things around to optimize gaps. Similar to playing Tetris! Does that make sense? I know may not be possible due to how the system was written but its just a thought. You are probably already aware of what I'm talking about?
Austriahof

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Export feature Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the Export feature is perfect! Thanks
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

1) I've added an "don't allow under booking" onto our update list so this can be included for you. The flexibility in over booking or under booking is so that the manager can rearrange tables if required. So rather than the system just saying "no" it points out what the situation is but allows the user to override.

But this is really down to management practice and the particular restaurant so I have made notes to include these as options that can be chosen. Thanks for the input.

2) If you put the paper onto landscape I believe the print reservations fit on the page? This was recently updated in v4.34 so it may not have made it through to all the update servers yet.

3) The reason for allow the odd times is so that all the information can be entered via the keyboard which is much faster than selecting a time list with the mouse. Although I can appreciate with systems like Open Table they are limited to the features on a webpage. Again it's probably a preference if you're more comfortable using a mouse then we could add that in as an option I'm sure.

4) At present the "search alternative times" isn't available on the Visual Layout. But I've made a note to include this as well.

5) Yes it's an interesting idea. Then you can drag and drop the tables around. I'm sure the times could approach near to 100% efficiency in this way. I think generally restaurants will not want to run at 100% bookings since the kitchen and staff would be over worked. But again this could be a preference option. I will look at this for you.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: