iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excel inventory import questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject: Excel inventory import questions Reply with quote

I am getting ready to import my excel list into the inventory and have some questions:

1. In the template for iMagic it has "item ref number" is this field for the item number?
2. In the template, what is ID?
3. In the template, what is item unit?

Also when I have my spreadsheet ready to go how do I upload into iMagic?

Thank you
Nicole
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the question on importing inventory items from Excel.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, the Item Ref Number is the Item Number.
2. In your case, you can ignore the ID. It is the internal unique identifier for the item in the database. It's used when linking to other applications.
3. Each Item can be assigned an Item Unit, such as weight, package, box, etc. You can define your own Item Units in iMagic Inventory.

I'd also suggest removing any columns from the template that you are not using. But make sure you keep the Item Ref Number as this is used in several places.

To import from Excel, save the file as a CSV file type (File > Save As). Then form iMagic Inventory select File > Import Inventory and follow the wizard.

I would suggest backing up your database before importing as well. In that way, should the import not go as expected you can restore from the backup rather than manually deleting the items which can take some time if you have many thousands.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: