iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfering from one computer to another

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed-H

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Transfering from one computer to another Reply with quote

I purchased a new laptop and wanted to xfer imagic inventory from the old one. I used my original disc to install i.m. inventory and then copied the db file to the new computer. I went through the system on the new computer and it appeared everything was working fine...all information xfered perfectly. So I head out to the market, set up my laptop and attempt to fire up I.M. inventory and I get the following message. Unable to open, expecting db v. 26 and found db v. 29. You need to unstall a new version if imagic. I'm perplexed as everything worked fine when I did the installation and testing, but when I tried to restart the software, it was a no go. I don't every recall upgrading my software since I got it a couple years ago. Is there an additional charge to now "upgrade" to a new version?

thnx for your help,

Ed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

If it's saying expecting db v. 26 and found db v. 29 then it means that you are using an older version of iMagic Inventory with a newer database. You'd just want to install the version of iMagic Inventory that you were using previously.

There isn't any cost as such, you get 1 year of support/updates included, which can optionally renew after the year for another year.

Regards, Jon
Ed-H

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
Well lets see, the version on the old laptop is 2.9. I don't know what version I installed on the new computer from the original disc, dated 3-12-2010, because I can't even start it because of the error message, and I can't check the version in help.

I didn't think I had ever upgraded because I had been reading how so many people were having problems with their software working properly after an upgrade, and quite frankly, I am very happy with my "old" version.

Since it would appear my 1 year has loooong expired, and I see the more current version is 3.XX, what would that cost me?

I don't suppose I can copy the program files from the old computer and install that on my new one could I?

Ed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

You can renew updates/support 1 user online select Help > Check Web for Updates, which would include the latest version and support/updates for a year. I'll send you a link via email.

If the old PC is using v2.9 then you'd want v2.9 or a newer version on the new PC.

I'll email you now.

Regards, Jon

Last edited by imagicsupport on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Ed-H

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jon,
I got your email for the upgrade....thanks very much. Will the upgrade be the most current version available, (3.XX) or will there be other choices? (you said I'd need v. 2.9 or newer) Will the most current version of the program be compatible with the version 26 data base that the error message says I'm currently using? I'll upgrade after I hear back from you.

Thanks again,

Ed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

You should always be able to use a newer version of iMagic Inventory with an older database, it will just update the database as required.

The logic is that if a version was released before a new database then it wont understand it, since it didn't exist when it was released. If that makes sense?

Also if you need a direct link to the latest version just let me know and I'll forward it over. But after renewing and entering the new key you should be able to select Help/Check Web for Updates on the the laptop which will let you download the latest version.

Regards, Jon
Ed-H

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:31 am    Post subject: Time for a new transfer to a new laptop........again! Reply with quote

Hello again Jon,
Well, I'm back again to inquire what I will need to do this time to transfer my IM Inventory from my current laptop to a new one.

I'm currently running v4.28. As I read through our last conversation when doing this, it appears as though I had some trouble.

To avoid any problems this time, would you kindly advise me what steps I need to perform to bring about a successful transfer?

Thanks in advance,
Ed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the post.

Have you renewed your support/updates? It looks like they expired in 2014, or maybe you renewed under a different email address?

For support, you'd need to renew your support/updates. Select Help > Check Web for Updates it should give you the option. Or drop me an email and I'll send you a direct link with a discount. Very Happy

http://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/InventorySupport

Regards, Jon
Ed-H

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon,
Per your instructions, I clicked on the link you provided. It is taking me to a page for an "upgrade" rather than an "update". Must I purchase a new version of IM Invent. to get an update to the newest version?

Even if I go to my current ver. of IMI and select "check web for updates", I get sent to the same screen, requiring me to purchase an upgrade, rather than register for another year of updates.

Please clarify for me.....

Thanks,
Ed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply.

That would suggest that you have a current license. If that's the case you don't need to renew.

This is a public forum so I can't post your order details I have on file. Do you want to email me your latest order details and I can look that up for you? I can also send any links etc., at the same time.

You can find the support email here, I'll check it for your message:
http://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/InventorySupport

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: