iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adding Items to Invoices

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmuir

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:51 am    Post subject: Adding Items to Invoices Reply with quote

We have multiple locations. When I chose a Warehouse as the default for a user, they can still see other warehouses when adding item to the invoices. How can I avoid this as it has cause inventory problems with not clicking the correct warehouse.

example: Warehouse Central, I would like the employee to only see inventory in that particular warehouse and not Central and Weems.

Thanks
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the post.

At present, you can assign a 'Default Warehouse' to a User. When the User logs into iMagic Inventory, the Default Warehouse is recalled for that User. The Default Warehouse is then applied when adding items via Barcode to an invoice and on the Receive Stock.

Are you wanting to extend the Default Warehouse to be applied when adding the stock to an invoice via the Add Order Item? So where an invoice is being created, the User clicks 'Add Order Item', the Add Order Item window opens. Then have the User's Default Warehouse automatically selected.

Or are you wanting all other Warehouses to be hidden, so as such the Warehouse selection box would be 'locked' to their Default Warehouse?

The first option would seem to give more flexibility to the User, but I can appreciate that the second option might result in fewer day-to-day issues if they rarely, if ever, need to have access to the other Warehouses.

If you can let me know, I'll investigate how we can move this forward for you.

Regards, John
mmuir

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

Yes, I would like the second option. When adding an item to an invoice only the warehouse set as the default would appear. If you could help with that, it would be greatly appreciated.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation.

I've spoken with the programmers and confirmed that the update is possible.
I've added this to our list of features to include in our regular updates.

If you're needing it soon we can put it into a 'custom update'. With a custom update, we'd provide a cost and schedule to include the feature. You'll be able to continue with the regular updates to iMagic Inventory but you'll also have the extra feature included. Would you like me to organize a custom update for you?

Regards, John
mmuir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great. Before we proceed, can you send me a quote for the cost. I need to submit to our finance department for approval.

Thanks so much!
Michele
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem. I will send you an email with the details.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: