iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple database query

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:01 am    Post subject: Multiple database query Reply with quote

Good afternoon, we've recently purchased licences to upgrade the software for our client. The client uses 3 separate databases for 3 different sites, I've installed the software on a PC and it's connected to the main database but I cannot get the other 2 databases to open as although the data seems to have been upgraded to 30 I cannot seem to find a way to connect to them as it defaults to an earlier version of the software. How can I open these other databases with the new software and create shortcuts that work?

Many thanks

Nick
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the post.

You can create shortcuts to each database. I'll write out the steps for you to keep it as simple as possible. Make sure the 'Allow Command Line Databases' is checked under Configure > Advanced > Startup. Otherwise it will not recognize the override:

1) Go to Documents and create a folder for each database, so for example:
Documents/Database1
Documents/Database2 etc.
2) Create shortcuts for iMagic Hotel on your desktop, one shortcut per database.
3) Right-click each shortcut in turn and select Properties, click the Shortcut tab if it isn't already selected.
4) The Target will start out something similar to:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iMagic\Booking.exe"

Add onto the end the database folder, so for the first one it would be:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iMagic\Booking.exe" "C:\Users\John\Documents\test\database1"
5) Repeat the process for each database.

Then when you launch the shortcut it will open the database that was specified.

I would also suggest:
* After launch select Configure/Advanced/Startup and check the "Show Database on Title Bar".
* Rename each shortcut to indicate which database it's using.
* Don't put the database file into "Program Files" or "ProgramData" unless you know about folder permissions and compatibility folders. It's much easier to put the database into the Documents folder somewhere, that way Windows will take care of those kinds of issues for you.

Regards, John

Last edited by imagicsupport on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks John, I shall give that a go in the morning and let you know if I have problems!

Nick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Hotel Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: