iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customer data disappearance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Customer data disappearance Reply with quote

Hi Jon -

Here's an odd one for you. My partner, Paula Harris, just was ringing up a purchase she was making. Her name and customer information were nowhere to be found in the program. We did not intentionally delete her, and there should be invoices for her going back to 2012 when we opened. I have had two other customers "disappear" this way before, but never mentioned anything. One was Mary Anzalone and the other was Jim Alvarado. Both of them have continued shopping here, so there are invoices in their names from the date of the initial disappearance going forward - but none of their earlier purchases can be recovered. It was more than a little unsettling when this just happened to my own partner, who probably has on the order of 70 or more invoices in our system - but now just 1 shows (the purchase she is making today). We do have a database backup that happens every night, but if I restore to that we will lose other activity from today. I'm curious if you've ever had this issue reported before and what might possibly cause it.

Erica Heyl
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Erica,

Thanks for the post, good to hear from you.

If you can send over your database (Help > Send Database to iMagic Support) I can run through it and take a look. Certainly, if you've a backup that contains the Customer information that's missing from earlier that would help as I could compare the two.

But yes, I have heard of this situation before. I don't know if this is what is happening in your case, but this is what I have noticed happens. A new invoice is created, an existing customer is added to the invoice (via Customer Search), then presumably the operator notices the wrong customer was selected (which is why it happens rarely), they then proceed to type in the correct customer details. If the operator hasn't hit the 'Reset Customer' option they are now overwriting the selected customer details with the new customer details they are typing in. Thus it looks like the customer information has disappeared, but what has actually happened is that it's been overwritten.

It should be easy enough to check if this has happened in your case by locating an old invoice of the 'missing' customer. It would have the 'overwritten' customer details instead.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: