iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Search Item Groups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Search Item Groups Reply with quote

Good Morning,

Is there a way to search for created Groups via the Inventory Search page? I have created several groups and was able to use the Category option to decipher between the groups (for example: customer names), but when I'm on the general Inventory Search page, I am unable to find the customer names I've created as they are associated to the inventory lists I've created for each customer group. When I select the Customer's name from the Category/Sub-Cat. drop down menu on the Inventory Search page, a list of unrelated parts show up.

Thank you,

Zoltan
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the post.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what it is your wanting to achieve. But to answer your specific question on Item Search...

The Inventory > Find Item option will search for Items that are currently in your system, if you have an Item in an Item Group then it will appear as it's in your system. It wouldn't, however, say in which Item Group that Item is.

Generally, Item Groups are used to group together Items, so if you have a common group of items you're using or selling then rather than have to add them in each time you can create an Item Group and they will be all added at once.

It sounds like you're doing something different, what are you trying to achieve with the Item Groups?

Regards, John
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I apologize for the confusion. I guess a simpler way of describing what I'm looking for is similar to creating folders on a Network. There you are allowed to create a folder within a folder as many times needed to better organize files. In regards to how I thought this method could apply to iMagic Inventory, I thought I would be able to create as many groups as needed and then organize those groups within a single category (group/folder) with groups related to a specific top. In other words, I would be able to create a main category on the main Item Group page and then input smaller subgroups within that group.

Thank you,

Zoltan
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the reply.

Okay, thank you for the description I'm getting a better idea of what you are wanting. You could assign a Category / Sub-Category to each Item Group, in that way you could organize them in a similar way to what you've mentioned. Let me run through how this would work:

1) So you can create Categories and Sub-Categories under Configure > Item Categories. Here you'd want to ensure that you create at least one sub-category within a category.

2) Under Item Groups, so Inventory > Item Groups, create a new Group via 'New Item Group'. Then assign the Item Group a Category/Sub-Category that you created in step 1.

When you click OK you'll then have the Item Group associated with the Category/Sub-Category. You'll have to give it some thought as to how in your specific case you'd want to organize that.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: