iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filter Options

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Filter Options Reply with quote

John W Walker,

I am new to the iMagic Inventory software and would like further instruction on how to quickly search for items within my list. I have attached a screenshot of my list as a reference, which includes various measurements of sample products. My goal is to be able to search for specific items using their measurements or keywords. For example, I want to quickly pull up a .0625" x .5 end mill out of several other items that are similar. Ideally, when I type in the .0625 number, I would like all items in my list that begin with this measurement to filter through. On a traditional page I would be able to use Ctrl+F and pull up a search box. Right now, I have to scroll through ever single item on my list to get to the item I want, which may be at the very bottom. Is there something similar to a search box that can be used to filter the items in my list quickly? Is there a feature that I can disable that would allow me to click anywhere within the list itself and type in the first few digits/keywords to filter automatically?

Thank you,

Shamekia
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shamekia,

Thanks for the post and screenshot.

Generally, you'd use Item Groups for adding several items to an invoice at once so you wouldn't usually have a need to search for items in that scenario. If you're searching via the regular inventory list (ie clicking on the Inventory button on the toolbar). You can search via the Inventory > Find Item (or press Ctrl + L). From there you can search on the name and also include an 'AND' or 'OR' match so you could further sub-search on another field such as the Category.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: