iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Administrators, multiple users and receiving stock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Administrators, multiple users and receiving stock Reply with quote

Hi John,

Thanks for writing back. Yes I'll try to look for that tonight which is Monday morning in the Philippines.
I have a few questions, is is program expandable to 2 user or I need to buy a different program for that? If I do, someone can be the administrator and only the administrator can edit whatever is already in there? But the other user can input data like order for the day and making invoice? I would need something like this too. The software we bought hopefully would fit what we need although so far it seems like it is what we need. So we will be buying two more with 2 users each.
My next question is, I mentioned to you that we are using this for our rice mill, so we buy rice grain from farmers all the time. Now for example, we bought ten bags of rice grain from the seller and the total weight is 490 kilos, the means the average weight for every bag is 49 kilos. I need something that would give me the average weight for every bag whenever we buy rice grain from the seller. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Jun
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jun,

Thanks for the post.

Yes, you can have multiple users and PCs using iMagic Inventory at the same time. To setup multiple PCs so they can each connect to the same database you would share the database on the first PC and then have the second PC connect to it. You can find steps on setting that up here:
https://www.imagicinventorysoftware.com/InventoryFAQ#multipleusers

To setup multiple users so they each have different options like your administrator etc. Select Configure > User Access. The administrator would have the 'Manage Users' Access Right, whereas your input data user would have just the options you are wanting them to access, so maybe add/edit inventory. Once you restart iMagic Inventory it will prompt you for the user via the username/password you've set.

At present, there isn't an automated way of the system calculating the quantity based on a formula. You can record and automatically update stock either by a low stock indicator (Vendors > Stock Status and Reorder) or recording received stock (Inventory > Receive Stock). If this is a feature you are needing we can add it in a custom update, so that maybe an option rather than manually calculating.

Regards, John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: