iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Viewing the Warehouse Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenlinliu1419

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject: Viewing the Warehouse Location Reply with quote

iMagicInventory Version: 5.1 (5-user licence)
Windows Version: 10

I was in the middle of installing your software on the 3rd computer when I noticed that the 3rd PC has a slightly different view of the Inventory screen to the first 2 PCs.

Let me explain further, we have 1 product which is located in 2 locations. Say Location X and Location Y. This can be clearly seen from the first 2 computers.

However, on the 3rd PC, Location Y can't be seen.

In total, I have 8000 products on my inventory which is made up of:
4000 in Location X and
4000 in Location Y

Even when we go in to edit a product which is listed under Location X, the view for Location Y is still missing.

Any idea why this is happening?

When I try toggling the WAREHOUSE LOCATION field to OFF and then back to ON, I get a warning dialog box warning me that the same item will be repeated for each warehouse location. even with that, I still can't see the other location.
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kenlin,

Thanks for the post.

It maybe tricky for me to suggest without seeing a screenshot of this issue. But let me go over how the multiple item locations work as it isn't too complex to setup.

iMagic Inventory allows you to store inventory in more than one location. To make those warehouses/locations available select Configure/Item Locations and Warehouses. I'd suggest opening that up and making sure it is set as you'd expect.

To make those extra locations available for an Item you'd want to ensure the 'Number in Stock' field is active. You can set different fields to be active (as well as hidden or inactive) depending on your business requirements, they can be set in Configure/Item Fields. You'd want to make sure that this field is checked otherwise you wont see any locations.

If you're using multiple databases for your inventory then I'd also suggest double checking that you are connecting to the database you're expecting. You can view that from Help/About and clicking 'Database...'.

Hopefully that will help with your situation, if not though please email over a screenshot and I will see what I can infer.

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: