iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Folder Share/Networking issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Folder Share/Networking issue Reply with quote

Purchased 4 user license to network imagic restaurant reservation. Followed instructions directly for multi user installation, however cannot share the actual imagic folder. I can find it on the networked PC's, however, when I use the Database Administrator wizard, and select the proper file from the networked location, i get an error code saying it must be a specific file type name. HELP! I just bought imagic rest. reservations to leave open table. Need it networked and working immediately!
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Make sure from the Database Administration program you are entering in the folder only, don't enter in a filename. So for example if you created a share as in:
\\server\mydatabasefile

On the remote PCs enter that in:
\\server\mydatabasefile

Entering in something like this will not work:
\\server\mydatabasefile\db.mdb

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Restaurant Reservation All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: