iMagicSoft Support Forum Index iMagicSoft Support
iMagic Software Support

SearchSearch   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Customers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
t.oliver

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Customers Reply with quote

Hi Jon,

We have been using Inventory on our trade counter since the beginning of the year and find the customer option extremely frustrating in that if a name is typed wrong in the new invoice screen it creates a new customer with that name. If another member of staff then try to find that invoice at a later date, it makes it virtually impossible.

Not all of our staff are used to a keyboard and therefore do make mistakes when typing. At the moment because you can create a new customer so easily (EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO) from the invoice screen, the system is based on the assumption that people do not make typing mistakes.

Is it possible to stop new customers being created in the invoice screen in order to make people search for the correct name, or add the customer details in the customer screen to maintain consistency on the format. I appreciate this will be a bit more time consuming. So if you can suggest a way to be able to find invoices quicker with incorrect names, I am open to suggestion!

Tracey

Confused Embarassed
imagicsupport
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tracey,

The idea of the New Invoice screen is that if an existing customer could already exist then the user should press the Customer Search button before anything else. They can then locate the existing customer and save typing the information in again.

If it is a new customer then they'd enter the details straight into the form.

I'm not sure that forcing the user to perform a search is the solution. What if you are sure that the person in front of you is a new customer. Would you really want to perform a search when you already know they don't exist in the database?

I suppose it comes down to the equation if the majority of customers are new then you'd want to enter the details first. If the majority of customers are recurring then you'd want to have the search first. However the interface can't do both (very easily) so at present it assumes most customers are new.

Regards, Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iMagicSoft Support Forum Index -> iMagic Inventory Software All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: